Grilled Pound Cake "Brats"
- 2 pints fresh local blackberries
- 2 tablespoons baker's sugar, plus 1/2 cup, plus more for cream
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for cream
- 1 loaf pound cake
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3 to 4 sprigs mint, leaves chiffonade
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
In a medium bowl, add 1 pint of blackberries, 2 tablespoons of baker's sugar, half of the lemon zest, half of the lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir to combine. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat a grill to medium.
Cut the pound cake into 8 even rectangular slices. Cut a V-shape out of 1 side of each section and grill the slices over medium heat until grill marks appear.
For the blackberry sauce: Blitz together in a blender the remaining 1/2 cup of baker's sugar, 1 pint of blackberries, remaining lemon zest and lemon juice and a little water, if needed, to make a smooth sauce.
Whip the cream in a small bowl with a hand mixer, and add some sugar and cinnamon, to taste. Arrange the pound cake on a serving platter. Put some of the macerated berries inside the cut out V-shape of each pound cake section. Top with blackberry sauce and whipped cream. Garnish with sprig of mint and serve.
Green Bay Packers Team Tundra Menu/Recipes
Recipe courtesy Team Blue 22
Recipe courtesy of Melissa d'Arabian