Fresh Pepper Sauce:
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1 grilled yellow bell pepper, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 grilled poblano chile, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 grilled serrano chile, peeled, seeded and finely diced, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Splash red wine vinegar, optional
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 24 prawns, in the shell, preferably with heads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Mix together all of the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl, cover, and let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours before serving.
Heat your grill to high.
Toss the prawns with the oil in a bowl and season with the salt and pepper. Grill the prawns for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until just cooked through. Remove to a platter and immediately spoon the sauce over shrimp with a slotted spoon. Serve hot.