- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 3 anchovies
- 1 chipotle in adobo
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil, plus more for brushing on the romaine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus shaved Parmesan, for garnish
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed, cut in half from tip to root
Place mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, vinegar, onion, garlic, anchovies, chipotle, hot sauce, honey and salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil and blend until emulsified. Add the Parmesan and blend a few seconds longer.
Heat grill to high.
Brush romaine with oil and season with salt and pepper; place on the grill cut-side down and grill for 30 to 40 seconds or until slightly charred. Arrange lettuce on large platter, drizzle with the dressing and garnish with shaved Parmesan.