Grilled Texas Quail
- 10 semi-boneless Texas quail (recommended: Diamond H Ranch brand)
- 2 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 5 to 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning blend
Marinate the quail in olive oil, garlic and fresh herbs in the refrigerator overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator and sprinkle Creole seasoning blend on both sides. Grill on high heat over mesquite wood until done (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jon Bonnell