- 4 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, about 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chiffonade fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chiffonade basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade (look for marmalade with small rinds)
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup reserved marinade, strained
Glaze, recipe follows
Combine all the ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving 1/4 cup for glaze and put the chicken in a 13 by 9-inch pan and bake for 45 minutes. Baste with the glaze, turn the pieces over and bake for an additional 15 to 25 minutes, basting every 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and arrange the chicken on a serving platter.Glaze:
In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot add the shallots and ginger and saute for 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Baste the chicken with the glaze after 45 minutes.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs, Citrus-Garlic Roasted Chicken, Citrus Marmalade-Glazed Chicken Livers with Roasted Potatoes and Crispy Brussels Sprouts, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Thai Chicken Recipes, Turkey Breast Recipes, Chicken, Mandarin Oranges, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.