- 4 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, about 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chiffonade fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chiffonade basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade (look for marmalade with small rinds)
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup reserved marinade, strained
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Glaze, recipe follows
Combine all the ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving 1/4 cup for glaze and put the chicken in a 13 by 9-inch pan and bake for 45 minutes. Baste with the glaze, turn the pieces over and bake for an additional 15 to 25 minutes, basting every 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and arrange the chicken on a serving platter.Glaze:
In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot add the shallots and ginger and saute for 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Baste the chicken with the glaze after 45 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri