Homemade BBQ Chips and Blue Cheese Dip
- Total Time:
- 15 min
- 10 min
- 5 min
- 12 to 16 appetizer servings
- Blue Cheese Dip:
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped shallots
- 5 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 pints sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large bag salted kettle potato chips
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
For the dip: To a food processor, add the shallots, blue cheese, sour cream, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Process to combine and pour into a serving dish. Garnish with more pepper and chives.
For the chips: To a small bowl, add all the spices and toss to combine. Add the potato chips and the spice mix to a big brown bag and toss to combine. Pour out onto a baking sheet and place into the oven to warm through, about 5 minutes.
When ready to serve, place into a serving dish and serve with Blue Cheese Dip.