- 1/4 pound thick cut bacon, diced
- 2 sourdough bread loaves (about 1 foot long)
- 1 pound pork butt or pork loin, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups chopped red onions
- 1 cup julienned red bell peppers
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound Havarti cheese, thinly sliced
In a large cast iron pot, or heavy-bottomed braising pan add the bacon and fry until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Cut the bread lengthwise and put in the oven.
Add the pork to the bacon grease, and cook on medium-high heat until the pork is 3/4 cooked. Next add the sausages, onions, and bell peppers and cook until the onions are translucent.
Add the chicken, celery, garlic, parsley, and 3/4 cup green onions. Cook until chicken is tender, then season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Stir in the water and combine thoroughly. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes.
Evenly divide the meat mixture and cheese to each loaf. Top the cheese with the bacon and remaining green onions. Cut the loaves in half and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.