Kale Salad with Marcona Almonds and Sherry Vinaigrette
- Sherry Vinaigrette:
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Kale Salad:
- 1 bunch fresh kale (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds, roughly chopped
For the sherry vinaigrette: Peel the oranges with a sharp knife. Remove the segments by cutting between the white membrane of each segment. Squeeze out the 2 tablespoons of juice and reserve. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, juice and mustard together. Season with salt and pepper and whisk vigorously. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
For the kale salad: Remove the tough stems from the kale and discard. Finely slice the leaves into thin ribbons and toss together with the cranberries and vinaigrette. Serve on a platter scattered with orange segments and sprinkled with the almonds.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri