- 8 cups baby spinach or romaine lettuce
- 1 ripe pear, cut in half
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola
- Champagne vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
In a decorative bowl or platter, add the spinach or romaine. Cut the pear into fans, and then slice again on the diagonal, add the greens, crumble the Gorgonzola onto the salad and then drizzle with about half of the vinaigrette. Top with fresh cracked pepper and lightly drizzle the whole salad with the honey. Serve immediately.
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a small bowl or glass jar, add all the ingredients except the olive oil. Mix well, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.