- 1 pound parsnips, peeled
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled
- 1 pound celery root, peeled
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Special equipment: a 1 1/4 quart oval gratin dish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F with rack in middle.
Slice vegetables into 1/4-inch thick slices. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with cream, stock, tarragon and salt and pepper, garlic and Gorgonzola. Put into prepared gratin dish. Cover loosely with heavy duty foil. Bake for 1 hour, until vegetables are fork tender. If tender, remove foil, leave dish on middle rack and turn broiler on high. Broil gratin until top is golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Gratin can be made 1 day ahead and reheated at 325 degrees F, covered with foil for approximately 50 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.