- 2-pound pork butt, cut into 4 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup peeled and thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Italian party hero bread, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 romaine lettuce head leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
Season pork pieces with salt and pepper. Place in a braising pan and add 1/4 cup soy sauce, water, chili garlic sauce, ketchup, and 1/4 cup vinegar. Braise for about 2 1/2 hours, covered, until fork tender. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and "pull" with forks until shredded. Add braising liquid, to taste. Cool.
Mix the remaining 1/4 cup vinegar, brown sugar, wine and the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Add the cucumbers and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
Drizzle the olive oil on the bread. Brown lightly, if desired.