Enchilado de Camarones
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 (14-ounce) can peeled tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 small limes, cut into wedges
- Hot sauce, to serve
In a large sauce pan, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Saute until the onion and peppers are tender, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the wine, tomatoes, and bay leaves and cook for 10 minutes more. Reduce the heat and add the shrimp. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the shrimp are fully cooked, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Herb Mesa