Hot and Spicy Cholula Sea Bass Ceviche with Roasted Peppers, Grilled Masa Cakes, Roasted Corn, and Citrus Marinade
- 24 ounces sea bass, julienned
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 red onion, julienne
- 1 cup chiffonade cilantro leaves
- 4 jalapeno chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 ears corn, roasted and removed from the cob
- Salt and pepper
- Hot pepper sauce, recommended: Cholula
- Masa cakes:
- 4 cups masa harina
- 4 eggs
- Water, to bind
In a large bowl, combine the sea bass, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, and onion. Mix all of these ingredients together and let marinate for 4 hours, covered, in the refrigerator.
Preheat a grill.
Once the fish has marinated, add the cilantro, roasted peppers, corn, and season with salt and pepper.
To make the masa cakes, combine the masa flour, eggs, and add a tablespoon of water at a time and form a paste. Make sure the paste is firm and not too watery. Form small pancake shapes and grill on each side for approximately 2 minutes.
To serve, place the masa cakes on the plate and top with the sea bass ceviche. Drizzle the top with the hot pepper sauce for added heat.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.