Blue Cheese Burgers
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup steak sauce (recommended: Crosse and Blackwell)
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 to 10 hamburger buns
- 8 ounces blue cheese, sliced (recommended: Danish Blue)
- Arugula and sliced tomatoes, for serving, optional
Prepare a charcoal or a stove-top grill.
Cook the hamburgers for 4 minutes on 1 side, then turn and cook 3 minutes on the other side for medium-rare. Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Allow the hamburgers to rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, grill the buns, cut side down, for 1 minute, until toasted. Place a hamburger and a slice of blue cheese in each bun, plus arugula and tomato, if desired, and serve hot.