- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk, shaken
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (2 half-pints)
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and mix together. In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, butter, lemon zest, and eggs. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix with a fork just until blended. Fold the blueberries into the batter. Don't over mix! With a standard (2 1/4-inch) ice-cream scoop or large spoon, scoop the batter into the prepared cups, filling them almost full.
Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
2012, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved