Broccoli with Bow Ties and Peas
- 8 cups broccoli florets (4 heads)
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 lemons, zested using a strip zester
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pignoli (pine) nuts
Cook the broccoli for 3 minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water. Remove the broccoli from the water with a slotted spoon or sieve. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
In the same water, cook the bow-tie pasta according to the package directions, about 12 minutes. Drain well and add to the broccoli with the peas.
In a small saute pan, heat the butter and oil and cook the garlic and lemon zest over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, and the lemon juice and pour the mixture over the vegetables and pasta. Toss well. Sprinkle with the cheese and pignolis and toss again.
2012, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved