- 8 cups broccoli florets (4 heads)
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 lemons, zested using a strip zester
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pignoli (pine) nuts
Cook the broccoli for 3 minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water. Remove the broccoli from the water with a slotted spoon or sieve. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
In the same water, cook the bow-tie pasta according to the package directions, about 12 minutes. Drain well and add to the broccoli with the peas.
In a small saute pan, heat the butter and oil and cook the garlic and lemon zest over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, and the lemon juice and pour the mixture over the vegetables and pasta. Toss well. Sprinkle with the cheese and pignolis and toss again.