- 2 (7-ounce) containers Greek yogurt (recommended: Fage Total)
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted Pita Crisps, recipe follows
Place the yogurt in a medium bowl. Grate the cucumber on a box grater and squeeze the grated cucumber with your hand to remove some of the liquid. Add it to the yogurt along with the sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, dill, garlic, salt and pepper and stir. Serve with toasted pita crisps.
Toasted Pita Crisps:
- 8 pita breads
- Good olive oil
Heat a gas grill or charcoal grill with coals. Brush the pita with olive oil and heat on both sides until toasted.
Yield: 8 servings