- 30 large fresh mint leaves, coarsely torn by hand
- 3 to 4 thick slices fresh watermelon
- 12 ounces light rum, such as Bacardi
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- Sprigs of mint and spears of watermelon, for serving
Use a mortar and pestle to mash the mint leaves. Remove and discard the rind and seeds of the watermelon. Put the fruit into a food processor fitted with the steel blade and puree. Put the mashed mint into a large pitcher with 2 cups of pureed watermelon, the rum, simple syrup, and lime juice and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into a pitcher for serving.
Place ice cubes in 6 glasses and pour the mojito mixture into the glasses. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and spears of watermelon. Serve ice cold.
2010, Barefoot Contessa How Easy is That?, All Rights Reserved