- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced andouille sausage
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups parboiled long grain white rice
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the sausage, onions, bell peppers, celery, and garlic, and saute until the sausage begins to brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the chicken and allow to brown on all sides. Add the herbs and rice, followed by the tomato sauce, stock, hot sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered until the rice is tender, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.