Marinated Salmon with Sweet Potatoes and Red Pepper Salsa
- For the marinade:
- 2 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 lemon and 2 limes, zested
- 1 bottle soy sauce
- A dash mirin
- 1 medium salmon fillet, about 2 1/2 pounds (1.1 kilograms), descaled and pinboned with the skin left on
- 9 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and pierced
- Sea salt
- For the salsa
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 a lemon and 1/2 a lime, juiced
- Twice as much olive oil to the juices
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, chopped
To make the marinade you need to mix together the ginger, lemon and lime zest, soy sauce, and mirin. Pour this into a large plastic sandwich bag, place the salmon fillet into the bag, scrunch it all together and then tie a knot in the top. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 1/2 hours
Preheat the oven to at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C /Gas 5)
Place the sweet potatoes on a roasting tray and sprinkle with salt. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour.
Now make your pepper salsa by mixing your red peppers and chillies with the lemon and lime juice, olive oil, and mint.
After a couple of hours remove the salmon from the marinade. Get a griddle pan hot then place the salmon skin side down on it for a couple of minutes. Then finish off in the oven bake for 10 minutes in the griddle. Serve the salmon with the salsa and the baked potatoes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.