Buffalo Chicken Sub
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup your favorite wing sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- One 36-inch fresh French loaf
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Homemade Ranch Dressing, recipe follows
- Homemade Ranch Dressing:
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or agave syrup
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with some salt and pepper, the brown sugar, paprika and cayenne. Sear both sides of the chicken in the skillet until golden, about 4 minutes. Add in the wing sauce, bring to a simmer and finish off in the oven until the chicken registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Let cool, and then pull the meat with your hands. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and place back in the oven at BROIL until crusty and caramelized on top, about 4 minutes.
In a bowl, the combine carrots, celery and tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
Cut the French loaf horizontally. Place an even layer of blue cheese crumbles on the bottom, then the chicken and then the veggies. Serve with a side of Homemade Ranch Dressing.Homemade Ranch Dressing:
Mix the mayonnaise, buttermilk, garlic, dill, honey, salt, mustard and pepper in a bowl. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro