- 3 russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut lengthwise into about 12 wedges
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
Soak the potato wedges in a bowl of water for 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and then fully pat them dry with paper towels or a lint-free dish cloth.
Layer a baking sheet with 2 tablespoons oil and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Add the potatoes to the pan and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and spread them evenly in a single layer on the pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the bottoms are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook until the other side is golden brown, another 10 to 13 minutes.
In a small saute pan, melt the butter with the garlic and let the garlic gently cook over medium-low heat until fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes.