Sausage Bread Brunch Sandwich
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in thirds on the bias
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Citrus Herb Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Sandwich Build:
- 8 slices leftover Grandma Kay's Sausage Bread, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 eggs
- Grandma Kay's Sausage Bread:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausages, removed from casing
- 4 ounces pepperoni, cut into squares
- 4 ounces Genoa salami, thinly sliced and cut into squares
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1 1/2 loaves frozen or fresh pizza dough, defrosted, such as Rhodes
For the asparagus: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the asparagus until tender but not brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
For the sandwich build: Warm the Grandma Kay's Sausage Bread in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Transfer the bread to a plate and place a couple of asparagus on top. Add the canola oil to the same skillet and fry the eggs sunny-side up, covering with a bowl to cook evenly. Place each egg on top of the asparagus and serve with a side of the citrus herb sauce. Give a bite to your grandma and hope she approves.Grandma Kay's Sausage Bread:
Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F. Add the olive oil to a medium saute pan over medium-high heat and cook the sausages until brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool the sausage, transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon and mix with the pepperoni and salami. Mix in the mozzarella with your hands.
Roll out the dough into 2 long ovals. Slice the end pieces off the dough to save for later to make mini sausage breads. Brush the top and bottom of the dough with olive oil and divide the sausage mixture between the 2 loaves. Fold the dough over like a calzone and poke holes along the sides to release the steam with a fork. Bake until light brown on top, 20 to 25 minutes. Yield: Two 12-inch loaves.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Open Faced Sausage, 3 Pepper and Onion Sandwiches with Provolone, Homemade Chocolate Chip Sandwich Bread, Roasted Sausages, Peppers, and Onions and Cheesy Bread with Black Pepper, Bread, Frittata Recipes, Coffee Cake Recipes, Breakfast, Sausage Gravy Recipes, Turkey Sandwiches