Grilled Corn on the Cob with Cilantro Pesto
- 4 ears corn on the cob, husks removed
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Pesto, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup grated Cotija cheese (feta or Parmesan may be substituted)
- Cilantro Pesto:
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves washed and drained
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup Roasted Green Pumpkin seeds, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup grated Cotija cheese (can substitute feta or Parmesan)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped, optional
- Roasted Green Pumpkin Seeds:
- 1/2 cup green pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
Heat the grill to medium-high. Once hot, lay the corn across the grill. Rotate corn every 3 minutes until all sides are evenly golden and slightly charred, about 15 minutes.
Put the corn on a platter. While corn is still hot brush the corn with cilantro pesto and then sprinkle with the Cotija cheese. Serve.Cilantro Pesto:
In a food processor add the cilantro, canola oil, pumpkin seeds, Cotija cheese, and garlic. Puree until smooth but not liquid. Taste for seasoning. Cooks Note: Usually you do not need salt because of the salt in the roasted pumpkin seeds and the cheese. Set aside.
Yield: 3/4 cupRoasted Green Pumpkin Seeds:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Add the pumpkin seeds, canola oil, chili powder and salt, to taste, in a small bowl. Mix well to combine.
Spread the pumpkin seeds out evenly on a cookie sheet or baking pan. Bake, stirring the seeds every few minutes until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Set aside until cool.
Yield: 1/2 cup
More Recipes and Ideas:
Zesty Grilled Corn on the Cob, Grilled Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter, Fresh Lime and Cotija Cheese, Grilled Corn on the Cob with BBQ Butter, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Grilled Salmon Recipes, Roasted Tomato Recipes, Spinach Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.