Old School Stuffed Tomatoes
- 6 medium tomatoes
- One 9-ounce bag baby spinach, steamed
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Use a serrated knife to cut the top off of each tomato. Use a grapefruit knife (or a paring knife) to cut out the inside of the tomato. You may need to use your fingers to pull it out after cutting. Use a spoon to remove any leftover seeds or pulp.
In a blender or food processor, puree the spinach with the sour cream, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Gently spoon the mixture into each tomato and top with the gruyere. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Katie Lee
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray