KC's Shake Shake
- 2 cups milk
- 2 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon caramel
- 2 pieces Paula Deen's Cinnamon Scented Pound Cake, cut 3/4-inches thick, recipe follows
- Chocolate syrup, for glasses
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Macadamia nuts, crushed
- Paula Deen's Cinnamon Scented Pound Cake:
- Nonstick baking spray with flour
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
Rim the inside of each glass with chocolate syrup. Top with whipped cream and nuts.Paula Deen's Cinnamon Scented Pound Cake:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, and then spray again.
In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Spoon into the prepared pan.
Bake for 45 minutes. Then loosely tent with aluminum foil. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 26 to 30 minutes longer. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.