1. Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the package.
2. Line the cupcake pans with the paper liners. Fill each cup with 2/3 cup of batter.
3. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 25 minutes, according to the directions on the package. Remove from oven.
4. While waiting for the cupcakes to completely cool, tint the vanilla frosting with the red food coloring.
5. Once cooled, frost the tops of the cupcakes as follows: Spread the tops of the cupcakes with the red frosting. Spoon the dark chocolate frosting into a resealable bag. Snip a small corner from the bag. Pipe a line of dark chocolate frosting down the center of each cupcake. Pipe an oval of the dark chocolate frosting at one end of the line, and decorate with the red M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies for eyes and the licorice for antennae. Dot the red portion with chocolate malted milk balls for the ladybugs' spots.
Recipe Courtesy of Mars®