Lambeau Leap Tostadas
- 2 cups peeled and diced fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1 roasted bell pepper, peeled, seeded and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces blackening spice
- 6 mini corn tortillas
- Canola oil, for frying
- 3 ounces sour cream
- 2 ounces chipotle in adobo
- Enough greens, to cover the tortillas
- Scant teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 ounces queso fresco, crumbled
Salsa: Put the mango into a mixing bowl. Add the chopped cilantro, red onion, scallions, roasted pepper, salt and pepper, to taste. Mix to combine. Set aside.
Preheat the grill to medium.
Dust the chicken in the blackening spice and grill over medium heat until cooked through. The chicken should cook in 10 to 15 minutes depending on how hot the coals are. Remove the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for a few minutes. Thinly slice the chicken and cover to keep warm.
Heat about 1/2-inch of canola oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet to 365 degrees F. Fry the tortillas until crispy, then set aside on paper towels.
Mix the sour cream and chipotle together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Toss the greens in with a scant amount of lemon juice, the sugar, white balsamic and oil.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Team Tundra