Lima Beans and Pork Chops
- 2 cups fresh green lima beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh summer savory
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 (1-inch thick) pork chops
- 2 cups fine bread crumbs, toasted
- 1 cup sour cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook lima beans in salted water until almost tender, and reserved 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Pour the lima beans into a large flat baking dish with the reserved liquid. Stir in the salt, pepper, sugar, mustard, parsley, savory, thyme, and chopped onion. Mix well.
Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops and cook, turning once, until well browned. Place the chops on top of the beans.
Mix bread crumbs with sour cream. Spread over chops. Cover dish and bake for 8 minutes. Uncover the chops and continue baking, until lightly browned, about 8 minutes more.
Arrange the chops on a bed of the lima beans on a large platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve
More Recipes and Ideas:
Peach-Mustard Pork Chops, Garlic Crusted Sliced Pork Loin with Fresh Succotash, Double-Cut Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion Gravy and Pecan Glazed Sweet Potatoes, Flank Steak Recipes, Salisbury Steak Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes