Lobster Mac and Cheese
- 4 pounds fresh shucked lobster meat
- 3 pounds cooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups flour
- 12 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 6 cups half-and-half
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 pounds shredded white Cheddar
- 2 pounds plus 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces dried Italian seasoning
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the lobster meat, cooked macaroni, scallions and tomatoes in a large bowl and set aside.
Combine the flour with 8 ounces melted butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic powder, salt and white pepper and stir. Add the half-and-half, heavy cream, white wine and lemon juice and cook, stirring frequently, until heated to just below a simmer (about 160 degrees F). Stir in the white Cheddar and 2 pounds of the Parmesan.
Mix together the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, remaining 4 ounces melted butter and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan in a bowl.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Lee Pinto, Yankee Lobster