Lobster Salad with Bloody Mary Granite
- 2 cups tomato-vegetable juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons lemon-flavored vodka
- 1 teaspoon horseradish (freshly grated or prepared)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 shakes hot sauce
- Lobster salad:
- 1/2 pound cooked and chopped lobster meat
- 4 tablespoons good quality, fruity olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
Special equipment: Clear shot glasses
Make the Granite: Combine all ingredients and season with salt, to taste. Pour into a shallow container and place in the freezer. Run a fork through the granite every 30 to 45 minutes, while it is freezing, to obtain a nice, granular texture.
Make the Lobster Salad: Fold all of the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Keep refrigerated until ready to assemble.
To assemble the hors d' oeuvres, fill up the shot glasses 3/4 of the way with the lobster salad, top with the granite, and serve with cocktail forks.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Charlie Palmer, Aureole, NYC
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay