Lobster Sauce for Pasta
- 4 live chicken lobsters
- Court Bouillon, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 4 Rosso Bruno tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 1/2 cups lobster stock
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh Italian parsley, leaves chopped
- Cooked noodles, for serving
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Court Bouillon:
- 2 medium leeks
- 3 carrots, ends trimmed, peeled
- 3 stalk celery
- 1 medium white onion, peeled
- 1 ounce corn oil
- Bouquet garni (3 sprigs parsley, 3 bay leaves, 1/2 bunch thyme, 4 cloves garlic, 3 cloves,
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns)
- 1/2 quart white wine
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 5 1/2 quarts cold water
Remove the tail meat from the shells and cut each into 2 to 3 medallions. Set aside.
Place a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the oil and garlic, and heat until the garlic starts to turn golden. Discard the garlic. Toss in the fresh tomatoes, add salt to release any water, and let cook about 10 minutes. Add the lobster stock and reduce to desired consistency, about 15 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper and black pepper, to taste, and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the lobster medallions and chopped parsley and cook for 2 minutes. Toss in the noodles, cook for 1 minute to warm, and serve immediately. BUON APPETITTO!!!!Court Bouillon:
Cut off the dirty part of the roots of the leeks and make two incisions 1 inch from the root down the leeks. Wash the leeks under running cold water, and then soak in clean water for about 15 minutes.
Saute the vegetables until they become a gold color. Add the bouquet garni and saute for 1 minute. Add the wine and lemon juice (the acids needs to equal 10 percent volume of the stock), and saute another 2 minutes.
Add the cold water and bring to a boil. Turn down the flame and let simmer for 35 to 40 minutes. Strain the bouillon into a clean stockpot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.