Mama Mirabella's Ham and Cheese Ravioli
- 1 pound sliced cooked ham, chopped
- 1 pound domestic Swiss cheese, sliced and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for cooking water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 package square wonton wrappers
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water, reserved in small bowl
Mix ham, cheese, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs, and Parmesan in a medium bowl until well mixed.
On a dry cutting board, place 1 wonton wrapper. Use 3/4 to 1 teaspoon of filling and brush the edges of the wrapper with egg/water mixture. Place a second wonton wrapper on top and press edges to seal, pushing out any air bubbles. Use ravioli cutter to trim edges or leave in a square.
Bring a large pot of water to a gentle boil. Add salt, to taste, after it begins to boil. Gently place ravioli into the water and return to a gentle boil until ravioli rise to the top, about 4 to 6 minutes. Use spider or slotted spoon to remove ravioli from the water and serve with your favorite gravy, or serve with butter and grated Parmesan. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy Michelle Herrigel, Pottstown, PA
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray