- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 store-bought tostadas
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 tomato, finely chopped
- Mexican crema, for drizzling
- Queso fresco, crumbled
- Pickled jalapenos, optional
Cut the chicken breasts and legs off of the whole chicken. Remove the skin. Shred the chicken off the bone and set aside in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, dress the romaine lettuce with olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble the tostadas, spread 1 tablespoon refried beans onto a tostada. Top with 1/2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken. Top with the dressed romaine lettuce, tomato and avocado. Drizzle with Mexican crema and top with crumbled queso fresco. Finish with pickled jalapeno peppers if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen