- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
Prepare an indoor grill for direct heat cooking over medium high heat.
Cook the potatoes in a large pot of well-salted boiling water for 10 minutes (the potatoes will not be cooked through).
Mix the butter with the olive oil, cilantro, chipotle powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Drain the potatoes and toss with the chipotle oil mixture. Transfer the potatoes to the grill. Grill the potatoes, covered, turning once or twice until tender, about 5 minutes total. Return the potatoes to the bowl and toss again with the chipotle oil mixture. Season with the 1 tablespoon salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Cook's Note: If you are using an outdoor grill, try use larger-size potatoes so they don't fall through the grill grate