Mexican Style Slaw
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 small limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dried arbol chile or any small, spicy red dried chile, stemmed, seeded, and cut into rings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded peeled jicama (from 1 small jicama)
- 3 medium raw beets, peeled and shredded
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and grated or thinly sliced
Dressing: Mix the soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, sugar, chile, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Salad: In a large salad bowl, add the jicama, beets, and cucumber along with the dressing and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve cold.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.