- 1 1/4 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoons gold tequila
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 4 large eggs
- Very thin lime slices (garnish)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cookie crumbs and butter in medium bowl until blended. Press mixture onto bottom and 1-inch up sides of 9 inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4 inch high sides. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Add 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup sugar, Grand Marnier, tequila, lime juice and lime peel and beat until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
Pour filling into crust. Bake until center is softly set, about 50 minutes. Maintain oven temperature. Mix remaining 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon lime juice in small bowl. Pour over cheesecake. Using spatula, smooth top. Bake cheesecake 5 minutes longer. Transfer pan to rack and cool completely. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight. Run knife around pan sides to loosen cake. Remove pan sides. Garnish cake with lime slices.