Marinated Hot Pork: Carne Adovada Tacos
- 3 pounds pork shoulder loin, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons California chile powder
- 2 tablespoons New Mexico chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups soybean oil
- 8 to 12 white soft corn tortillas
- Diced white onion, for serving
- Chopped cilantro leaves, for serving
- Limes, for serving
Place the meat into an 11 by 12-inch baking dish. Toss the meat and dry ingredients with 2 cups soybean oil. Marinate overnight or for 6 hours covered in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake, covered, in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Marinated and Grilled Pork Chops with Mixed Herb Chimichurri, Chili Marinated Double-Cut Pork Chops, Asian-Marinated Pork Loin with Gingered Sweet Potatoes and Five-Spice Apples, Tortilla Soup Recipes, Mexican Rice Recipes, Healthy Mexican, Roast Beef Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes