Chicken Livers with Leeks, Balsamic Vinegar and Dried Apricots
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken livers, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup allpurpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 large leeks, rinsed and cut into 2inch batonettes, with much of green included
- 1/2 pound dried apricots
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups curly endive, washed and spun dry
In a 12 to 14inch saute pan, heat oil until smoking. Dredge the chicken livers into the seasoned flour and shake excess flour off. Saute chicken livers until crisp and golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes, and remove to plate. Add leeks and apricots to pan and cook until leeks are softened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add chicken livers back to pan, add vinegar and butter and cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add endive to pan. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.