- 16 slices crusty bread, baguette size, or 8 slices country loaf size
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 16 anchovy fillets, fresh marinated or salt packed, spines removed and fillets rinsed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the broiler.
Brush bread with olive oil, grill on both sides, and remove. While still hot, rub each slice with a garlic clove.
In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, black pepper, and oregano and spread some of the mixture over each slice of bread. Top each with an anchovy fillet and replace onto the cookie sheet. Place under broiler until the cheese just oozes, about 1 minute, remove, place onto a serving platter, drizzle with the oil and serve.