Sweet Shrimp with Soft Polenta
- 1/2 cup finest ground white polenta or cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red cayenne chile, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (recommended: Bastianich Tocai)
- 1 pound sweet shrimp (may substitute rock shrimp)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 Meyer lemon, juiced
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, leaves cut into chiffonade
In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil and stream in the polenta while whisking constantly. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook 20 minutes, stirring regularly. Set aside and cover with plastic wrap.
In a 12-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add garlic and chile and cook until softened, about 30 seconds, being careful not to brown the garlic. Add wine and bring to a boil, then add shrimp and cook until just cooked through. Remove from heat and add butter, lemon juice, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
To plate, place about 1/4 cup of the soft polenta in the center of each plate. Divide the shrimp mixture over top and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoked Shrimp Cakes with a Warm Fire-Roasted Remoulade and Sweet Potato Nests, Sweet Potater Tots, Charcoal Grilled Shrimp and Calamari with Grilled Lemons and Smoked Tomato-Black Olive Relish, Easy Dinner, Italian Recipes, Sushi Rice, Dinner Recipes, Easy Side Dish, Panna Cotta Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.