T-Bone Fiorentina with Sauteed Spinach and da Vero Oil
- 1 T-bone steak at least 3-inches thick and about 3 to 3-1/2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 pounds spinach, washed, spun dry, stems removed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces Da Vero extra virgin olive oil
Preheat barbecue to medium high heat.
Pat steak dry.
In a small bowl, mix rosemary, sage, thyme, pepper and salt until well blended. Coat entire steak with spice mix. Brush with pure olive oil. Place on grill and char well. Cook about 12 minutes on first side, flip, and cook about 9 minutes on second side. This is traditionally served very rare.
Meanwhile, in a 12- to 14-inch saute pan, heat virgin olive oil until smoking. Add garlic and cook until light brown. Add spinach and stir quickly, cooking until just wilted. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and salt and pepper and set aside. When steak is done, remove and let stand 5 minutes. Carve off fillet and strip steaks and slice. Divide steak among 4 plates, divide spinach and drizzle each plate with Da Vero oil. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.