- 8 pieces veal leg, sliced thin by your butcher (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced to yields 8 pieces
- 16 sage leaves
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/2 cup
- 16 (1-inch) cubed pancetta (1 pound)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
Pound veal pieces to 1/4-inch thickness and lay out on work surface. Place one prosciutto slice over each. Place 2 sage leaves on each and divide parsley among all 8 pieces. Roll each piece up and make two rows of 4 horizontally. Use 4 skewers to make a tress with each skewer piercing 4 rolls. Place 1 cube of pancetta at the end of each skewer and push so that the meat is pushed tightly together from both ends.
In a 10 to 12-inch saute pan, heat butter over medium heat until foam subsides. Saute skewer sets 10 minutes, turning several times. Remove, cut along parallel lines with skewers and serve hot with lemon wedges and Polenta Taragna (separate recipe).
Recipe Courtesy of �Mario Batali