- Salad oil
- 1 carrot, small to medium dice
- 2 stalks celery, small to medium dice
- 1 medium onion, small to medium dice
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3 slices bread
- 1/2 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
Preheat oven at 375 degrees F.
In a medium-sized saute pan, put 2 dribbles of salad oil and heat over medium-high heat.
In large bowl put the carrot mixture, ground beef and remaining ingredients, except for the bread, the bread crumbs and ketchup. Soak the bread in cold water, then squeeze water out (like a sponge) and drain it. Add to the ground beef and mix. (A stand mixer is may help make it easier.) Add the bread crumbs and mix. Roll into firm loaf, spread ketchup over the top, and place into preheated oven for approximately 45 to 55 minutes, or until cooked through. Take out and serve hot.