Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 slices bacon, cut in small pieces, cooked to crisp
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Shock the onions in an ice water bath for 10 minutes to temper the sharp flavor, and pat dry.
Place the bacon, broccoli, cauliflower and onions in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, vinegar and Dijon mustard. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking to make an emulsion. Mix in the mayonnaise and seafood seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss.
Recipe courtesy of Melissa d'Arabian