- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup crisped rice cereal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ or milled flax seed
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the cinnamon, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt, honey, oil, maple syrup, water, and vanilla together. Add in the oats, pecans, rice cereal, and wheat germ. Toss to coat completely.
Spread the granola out on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake until dry and crisp, but not yet browned, 30 to 35 minutes, stirring once or twice. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.