- Cooking spray
- 8 flour or corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- Ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 cups shredded 4 cheese Mexican cheese blends (recommended: Monterey Jack, Cheddar, mozzarella, queso blanco, or any combination of cheese blends)
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup salsa or pico de gallo sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 3 seeded, peeled and chopped avocados
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Smoked paprika, if desired
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Arrange tortillas on prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Season the top of tortillas with cumin, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake 6 minutes, until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven.
While the tortillas are baking, in a medium saucepan, combine cheese, artichoke hearts, salsa, and spinach. Set pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Pour into a serving bowl.
In a large bowl, combine: the chopped avocados, lime juice, chopped cilantro, chopped tomatoes, salt and freshly ground black pepper and smoked paprika, to taste, if using.
Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
Serve cheese fondue with baked chips and guacamole.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.