Bruschetta with White Bean Puree
- 3/4 cup white marrow beans (or other white beans), cooked and cooled, 1 cup cooking liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons olive paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme leaves, plus 6 sprigs fresh thyme, for garnish, optional
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon gray salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 loaf thick Italian bread
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
Puree the beans in a food processor until smooth, adding the reserved liquid, as necessary, for a finished consistency that is spread-able but not too thin. Add olive paste and thyme. Puree again, and while pureeing, add extra-virgin olive oil and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Reserve, and garnish with sprigs of thyme, if desired.Bruschetta:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Cut a crispy Italian bread into thick slices. Toast or grill until light brown and crispy. Then swipe once with a clove of fresh garlic, drizzle with olive oil. Spread with the White Bean Puree. Finish with a pinch of gray salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Bruschetta with Fresh Monterey Sardines, Opakapaka Fish on Hirabara Baby Greens, Green Apple Vinaigrette, and Stilton Bruschetta, Crostini with Pork Tenderloin and Herbed Cheese, Cheese Dip Recipes, Artichoke Appetizer Recipes, Appetizer Recipes , Deviled Egg Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Chicken Wing Recipes