Bruschetta with White Bean Puree
- 3/4 cup white marrow beans (or other white beans), cooked and cooled, 1 cup cooking liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons olive paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme leaves, plus 6 sprigs fresh thyme, for garnish, optional
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon gray salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 loaf thick Italian bread
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
Puree the beans in a food processor until smooth, adding the reserved liquid, as necessary, for a finished consistency that is spread-able but not too thin. Add olive paste and thyme. Puree again, and while pureeing, add extra-virgin olive oil and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Reserve, and garnish with sprigs of thyme, if desired.Bruschetta:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Cut a crispy Italian bread into thick slices. Toast or grill until light brown and crispy. Then swipe once with a clove of fresh garlic, drizzle with olive oil. Spread with the White Bean Puree. Finish with a pinch of gray salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
Recipe courtesy Michael Chiarello
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay