Warm Potato-Tomato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup finely minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, skin on, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups diced tomato, skin on, including seeds and juice
DirectionsFor the vinaigrette:
For the vinaigrette:
In a bowl, whisk together the onion, mustard, 2 tablespoons of the red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and then add the tarragon.
Put the potatoes in a large pot of cold, well-salted water to cover. Bring to a boil, adjust the heat to maintain a gentle simmer, and cook until tender when pierced, about 15 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl or sheet pan to cool slightly. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar.
Add some of the vinaigrette to the potatoes and toss; you may not need it all. Add the tomato and toss again. Taste and adjust the seasoning. The salad may need more salt.
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello